- Kickas - No Starch Diet subforum - this is the best place to ask questions for newbies http://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=7&page=1
- This is my food list showing what foods I can eat, and which I cannot eat - https://sites.google.com/site/cureankylosingspondylitis/no-starch-diet---food-list
- The starch content of foods:
- AS Food Guide:
- Recipes and important links (NSD Forum):
- NSD QuickStart and tips (NSD Forum):
- No Starch Diet group for AS on facebook:
- Spondy Monster - very nicely made intro to the NSD http://www.spondymonster.com
- Diet-Specific Recipes forum: http://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=20&page=1
- Food list for Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD), a similar diet to the NSD: http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/legal/legal_illegal_a-c.htm - I have noted some interesting differences. For instance their food list allows peas, peanuts, lentils/beans - all of which are not ok with me (others on the NSD also find these unsafe). Meanwhile it bans some things which I find to be ok such as aloe, noni, seaweed, stevia, tofu, tomato puree.
- Betty Rawker
- Recipes and important links (NSD Forum): http://www.kickas.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=19382
- Here are some recipes on my other website that you might find handy: https://sites.google.com/site/cureankylosingspondylitis/recipes
- Auto-Immune Paleo Recipes
- SCD Recipes & research - Mrs Ed
- Oh She Glows!
Lots of gorgeous recipe ideas. Some will need a little modification.. http://ohsheglows.com/2014/02/10/top-13-vegan-desserts-of-2013/
- The coconut mama
Interesting coconut flour recipes here
- There are some facebook groups but they are private. Best to ask if you want access.. Try the contact page.
Books & Compilations
- The IBS Low-Starch Diet by Carol Sinclair.
I have a copy of this book and it is a very good introduction with lots of good recipes
- Paleo Diet - this is kinda similar to the NSD (with some exceptions, eg. we can't eat sweet potato). Many of the recipes will be similar. Big recipe index here http://paleofood.com/
- About the Paleolithic Diet: http://paleodiet.com/definition.htm