Sunday 12 January 2014

Introduction

Hi there.

The purpose of this blog is to look into existing alternative treatments & protocols for autoimmune disorders (some of which have worked for me), and also the continued search to understand root causes and find a cure for all immune diseases. I hope in future to discuss the various experiences of those of us who suffer from autoimmune disorders.

A little about me. 

I have suffered from an autoimmune disorder called Ankylosing Spondylitis since my late teens. Actually I had mild symptoms of the disease even whilst in high school, which is quite early. A rheumatologist will tell you that this is a bad sign, that the earlier it starts then the worse the expected prognosis. Things got pretty bad in my twenties and I was in constant pain. Walking was often excruciating due to inflammation in my hips, as was coughing, sneezing, laughing and even sleeping - due to inflammation in my rib cage.

I'm now in my mid 30's and doing pretty well all considered. I have suffered terribly with this condition in the past but with time have learnt a few tricks that make dealing with this disease much easier. I can now run, dance, drive a car & laugh without difficulty, and all these little things are now precious little joys that were once robbed of me. Why have things improved? This will be discussed in future posts as I want to discuss my history first, but I will tell you now that it is given freely, as it was given to me freely. Basically, the most important change involves avoiding certain pro-inflammatory foods. I won't demand your email address (unless you wish to chat with me ^_^). I won't ask for your money either, but I won't say no if you choose to throw some my way :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment